Monday, September 13, 2010

MMMMMMM Salsa!

So my sister Tracy has the most amazing salsa recipe so a couple years ago I stole it and I try to make at least a bath every year.  Well last year I never got around to it so I was pretty anxious to make some this year.

You start out with tomatoes (of course)
You boil the tomatoes so you can easily peel them, this part takes the longest if you ask me.
 Then you put them in a HUGE pot
Then you all the other veggies (peppers, onions, and spices).  I forgot to take pictures of preparing this step OOPS!
  Then it cooks for a really LONG time at least an hour at a simmer/boil and it is starting to look like salsa.  By this point my kitchen is smelling so good and I start looking for the tortilla chips.
Then you pour all the yummy salsa into jars and water bath them so they will seal.
Then Walaaa  you have salsa.  Although I honestly don't know why we bother to can it because even though the batch made about 13 jars it will all be gone in a couple weeks.





0 comments: