Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Feeling Crafty

So the other day I started cleaning out my fridge.  My fridge is filthy dirty and this is something that I have been putting off for far too long.  Well on my top shelf was a GIGANTIC pickle jar (we have a pickle monster in our presence, who would eat a pickle with any and every meal if we would allow it).  Now this huge pickle jar was about half full of pickle juice (which all of my kids like to drink - eeeeeew!) and 2 small little pickles floating around the bottom of the jar.  So I thought I would make my pickle monster's day and give her the remaining pickles and get this huge jar out of my fridge.  But once the jar was empty I started looking at the jar and thought it was a really cool jar.  The gears in my brain started turning and in about 15 minutes this is what I ended up with



I really like how my little candy jar turned out.  We had been to a couple parades in the last week and we had lots of candy that was being stored in ugly grocery bags.  I really like how the jar looks sitting on my counter.  It is very simple but cute.  Now if I could just stop eating the candy!

Oh, and here it is not quite a week later and I still have not finished cleaning my fridge.   Hmmm I wonder what I could do with a mustard bottle!

1 comments:

Barbra said...

That is so neat, Katie. Also, the picture and comments on Mom were so nice.
Love you.