Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ya Gotta Love the Library

Ya just gotta love the library. Tonight at our local library there was a "Wild Things" Storytelling. I didn't tell the kids where or what we were doing but once we got there and I explained it to them theyw ere pretty excited. In the room there was a table and a couple dog sized crates and Allie looked at me with excitement in her eyes and said "I bet there's a baby elephant in one of those!" I hated to disappoint her but before I could tell her I didn't think so, I had to control my chuckles. The stroy was about a dragon from Australia and her adventures. I can't remember all of the countries she visited but she met a cockatoo...

I can't remember what they called this guy, but the kids thought it was pretty cool that he ate the WHOLE peanut...

...a HUGE snake called Bo, a lion bunny, and the cutest little hedgehog...

(the kids listening)

...and a 30 year old tortoise (yes Cam made sure everyone know the turtle was as old as me) that gave the dragon a ride...

(the kids were still listening, AMAZING!)

The story she told was very entertaining and I think I enjoyed it as much as the kids. After the story she brought out a couple of the animals again and we all got to touch and hold them.

The cockatoo had a crush on Cam. Right after I took the picture the cuddled right under his chin, it was soo cute.

The girls and I loved the lion bunny, she was supper soft.

I just loved Liza's face here. Her smile says everything!

Morgan said she wanted to have one so she could sleep in her bed with her.

It was a very fun night. And best of all it was FREE!! You should check out what activities your local library has. Tonight was definitely a night we will never forget.

1 comments:

Liz said...

What a great library!! I must say...after reading that, our story hour looks a little bland!!!