Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Las Vegas

Paul's Mom wanted to surprise her sweet hubby with Wayne Newton tickets in Vegas and it wasn't long before all of us were joining in on the surprise.  Bob was pretty surprised and very excited about our little vacation.  We borrowed a BIG van and most of us loaded in for the trip down on Friday morning.  This is all of us (except Paul and I, we were in the front).


Of course on the first night our dinner stop had to be the crab buffet.  YUMMMM!  I had 2 HUGE plates of crab and then had 2 pieces of lemon meringue pie that was absolutely amazing.  (bye bye ww)


The next day we visited the Gold & Silver Pawn which is where Pawn Stars is filmed.  Paul and I love this show and actually walking inside was probably the highlight of my whole trip.  We also got our picture taken with the Old Man, although I have to tell you I felt kind of bad cause he acted like he was so board and wanted nothing to do with us tourists who wanted pictures.


While Mom & Dad where at the Wayne Newton Show we walked the strip and saw some of the shows.  I can't believe it has been 8 years since we lived there.  A lot of things have changed and what I remembered being pretty cool were actually very lame.


The next day was our leaving day but we were all putting it off cuz none of us really wanted to leave.  So went back to the strip and walked around a little bit more.  We visited the M&M store and the coke store.  Here we are getting our picture taken with the Coke Bear.


The trip was so much fun and I am so glad that Mom & Dad were able to see Wayne at his last show.

1 comments:

Me said...

Looks like a fun trip to me. Glad you had a great time.