Monday, March 15, 2010

Feeling Crafty!

So for the last couple weeks I have been feeling the craft bug.  I look around my house and seeing all of the things I want to change and improve.  It all started when a good friend of fine suggest a craft day where we made some hair ribbons for our girls.


They all turned out really cute and we had a ton of fun.  Although we aren't even close to finished.  We were a little too excited when we bought our supplies and have enough ribbon and buttons to make probably 20 more!

Then I had all of the cute bows and I didn't want to just shove them into the hair box, I wanted to display them.  So I went to DI and bought a frame for $1.00 and dug through my buckets of paint and this is what I came up with.


I think it turned out way cute!  (Sorry about the toilet pic, but hey we all got one!)

So then I decided that the top of my entertainment center was too blah and needed something.  So I went to Tai Pan Trading and got a pretty glass bowl/vase thingy, a ceramic bird and a wooden "laugh" word.  I really wanted to put balls in the bowl/vase but I wasn't willing to spend $2-$5 EACH, and I thought, I can make those.  So I went to the dollar store and bought some plastic wiffle balls (5 for $1) and twine and I made my own.  I thought they turned out pretty cute!



My next craft project is taking some talking into but I am really excited to start.  I am a huge blog stalker and love to see what other people come up with.  Well I ran across this idea The Little Green Bean.


This wall is PAINTED!!!  It isn't actual brick and I think it looks soooo cute.  I really want to do this in our family room but I haven't quite convinced hubby of it yet.  Once I finally tackle this project I will definitely post pictures. 

So if anyone else out there in blogland is feeling the the craft itch let me know, and I will join you for some creative fun!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I'll have to show you the bow holder I made for Banana, sometime. I got the idea from a lady that made bows, but her's was way expensive, so I just made my own, and it holds a ton! Good job on being so motivated to make stuff!

Liz said...

Wow...those are really cute hair bows. Too bad I don't have any little girls with long hair, or I'd join you on that craft!!