Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Look at What I Did!!

So I am a total blog stalker when it comes to craft blogs.  I have a ton of things saved in a "want to do" file.  Well last weekend a good friend of mine had a yard sale to raise money to adopt another baby.  Someone had donated these plates to her and I knew I had the perfect project for them.   


So this is what I did.

First I took a profile picture of each of my kids.


I carefully cut out their profiles



I traced their profiles onto the back of vinyl.  I really wanted to do black but didn't have any so decided to do the dark brown and I really like how they turned out.


I carefully cut them out and then stuck them to transfer paper.


I also cut their names out in the same vinyl on my Craft Robo.


The finished product!


I love how they turned out!
While I was at the yard sale I also talked my friend into taking her wall plate hanger thing (do they have an actual name?) and sell that to me as well. 


I hung it above the stairs in my kitchen and I just love how it looks!

Thanks Ashley, I couldn't have done any of it without your yard sale!



3 comments:

Susan said...

Those look really cool. You are such a crafty person.

Tracy Rushton said...

Too cute, you crafty girl you.

Liz said...

That is awesome!! I think it looks great and totally want one for my house!!